Canopy/cowling Quick Disconnect

Hello, I'm about to finish a Stinger 60 Kit. On this particular Kit the canoy is attached to an ABC piece which is then screwed onto the fuselage after the wing is installed in the field. I suspect after repeated use, the screws might loosen and fall off. Some time ago in the field I saw someone had a "quick disconnect" feature for his cowl. This basically made the removal/installation much faster and avoided the use of screws. Anyway, is anyone aware of these quick disconnets and where they may be sold?

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
ahdofu

Perhaps it was a dzus? I'd search for that and see if they have 'em in rc size, perhaps by another name, i.e.: little cam lock faster thingie (tm).

Reply to
Steve Banks

Prather products used mfr Dzus fasteners in a large and small size. Tower Hobbies carried them and I'm sure many other shops also carried them. Just do a search for Prather Dzus.

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day

That is it. Thanks for the help guys. Matt

Reply to
ahdofu