Chris Foss Xtra Wot

Pay day friday! Think I might order an xtra wot to keep me out the pub!Anyone got any experience of these, I always fancied an acro wot years ago, but this looks even better.I seem to remember they are really good quality kits.

Reply to
Andrew Witt

Excellent kits -you cant go wrong with Chris Foss. A club-mate has an Extra-Wot powered by a Laser 1.50. He had some difficulty getting it through the noise test, he had to make a bigger silencer, but it flies a dream.

Regards Allan

Reply to
allanart

Hi Andrew, I am in the course of building an Acrowot and I have been surprised to find that simple things like wheels, fuel tank, profilm, not included, crank up the price.(+Tx/Rx servos,engine& props of course) I hear nothing but good reports about how she should perform etc, but for the total cost of say £150 ( and the rest) you might today find better value in an ARTF. Now there's a hot potato! best of luck. P Anyone got any experience of these, I always fancied an acro wot years

Reply to
Pointer

Not on your nelly!!! For 150 yes you can find a reasonable ARTF (Hype 3d comes to mind) but to find a ready built on par with a well put together Fossy Kit, you will need to spend a lot more. Yes it does add up. My first trainer a Chart Mascot was 65 plus covering, glues, motor avionics etc all up poss 250 but boy could it take knocks. At the end it was sold intact minus any serious crash repairs for good dosh. Although Fossy's kits seem steep by the time their put in the sky you realise what all the fuss is about. I currently have a Wot 4 mk3 in the hanger and with the OS 61 and a

Reply to
Nick Beard

Not many kits come with accessories, certainly not with covering. From what I've heard, people tend to replace things like wheels & tanks in the ARTFs anyway. Never had an ARTF but have built 5or 6 Wot 4s and more than 10 Acrowots over the years. Currently building another Wot 4 and have an Acrowot kit waiting....lovely models, unbeatable for all-round flying.

Reply to
David Smith

Simply wonderful model!

I fly mine with a lazer 150 in it...the doggies danglies!

I'll send you some pix if you like.

The kit was great to build and fossy even had a long chat on the fone regarding "that" loss of horizontal stab! Mine was an early kit, not tail spars, so I fitted two carbon rods. I understand later kits have them included anyway.

It s a dream to fly, performs well and is just ace. I love mine. I love my Laser. Life is good!

david

Just a superb plane big but what a joy to fly! I've a Tigre 25cc up front. It just requires ball raced servos. Check mine out on our club web.

John Hollinshead

How do you think it would go with a light petrol engine, MVVS 1.6, for example (as I happen to have one!)?

Reply to
David Smith

Dream.

David