convert gas to EP

I have a .40 size cub. The E motor specs seem complicated. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Beth

AXI 2826/12

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

| AXI 2826/12

OK, that's *too* simple.

At the very least, Red would have to also know what sort of performance you wanted (scale Cub-like? 3D? Something in-between?) Desired flight duration? Specifics of the plane? (weight, exact size, etc.) and then he'd tell you a motor, minimum ESC specifications (there's little need to specify a specific one) battery, possibly a gearbox (though I doubt he's suggesting one for the AXI 2826/12) and a prop.

Or maybe that was Red's point, though if so he was too subtle about it. You can't just pick a motor -- you have to pick a whole power system.

| "Beth" wrote in message | news:t0UIh.7667$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews2.bellsouth.net... | >I have a .40 size cub. The E motor specs seem complicated. Any | >suggestions?

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Mot a lot wrong with that, tho you might want to to to a 4120 to really match 40 power.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

For good performance, steep climb but not 3-D. AXI 2826-12 on 3S3200 (minimum) LiPo or 4S A1123 - 12 X 8 APC E prop (alternate 13 X 6.5 APC E prop) 40 amp (minimum) speed controller. This set up has be applied to 72 inch Telemaster Electro and SIG Rascal 40 - both in the 5 lb range. With Cub, as with Telemaster and Rascal most of your flying will be at reduced throttle.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

STORM 3548-900

3S Lipo - 14 x 7 prop 4S Lipo - 11 x 8 prop 5S Lipo - 11 x 6 prop

You can see it here:

Jim Slaughter