Done with Knife Edge Realflight forums

Hi,

Apologies for the rather off topic posting here. I know some people on the Knife Edge boards will read this on usenet or R/C groups. I just wanted people to know where I'd gone.

Given the way I've been treated (general unfriendliness, that I had not been warned and that people who've done far far worse and actually initiated the hostility were not banned), I will not be posting on the Knife Edge boards again even if I am unbanned. With the lack of communication from the moderators I can only guess as to why this was done, but pointing out valid issues some new and some of which haven't been addressed over the years and questioning the actions of their favorite users probably had something to do with it. I consider this bad form from the board moderators. In my view the KE board moderators basically took sides in the worst possible way by banning me without warning and leaving me completely in the dark.

I'll leave the user content I created in place, but won't be creating any more. (I was far from being as prolific as some of the others but I do believe some people enjoyed the few things I made and see no point in removing them).

Unfortunately I've already ordered G4, but it'll be the last generation of the sim I buy. While they can run their company and message boards any way they choose, I do not believe this is a good way to treat a customer that's spent close to USD1000 on their software. I do hope to get access back to the forums so I can download user content and pictures attached to the messages but I'll be adding nothing of my own in terms of discussion or content.

These are my own views, decisions, and actions . They are not intended as advice for others.

Sammy

Reply to
Sammy

Sammy: Yes, I can relate- getting banned is kind of a shock to the system, especially when you're the victim of someone else's hysterical personality type. Next time you may want to consider Reflex XTR- I've had it for two or three years now, and it's excellent. You can adjust all the parameters of the plane, down to toe- in on the landing gear, and the planes can be tuned to respond just like a real model, donig lomcevaks, flat spins, knife edge, of course, and all. They also have free updates and add-on models. -Paul

Reply to
p_ryan