Emulsion Paint

Has anyone tried using emulsion paint on an airframe and if so does it work ok? Malc

Reply to
malcolm.fisher

do you mean latex paint? ??

Reply to
Jim Slaughter

Water based polyurethane works ok on glow engines, as does latex on gas engines, probably a bit heavy for electric. Or I guess you could use latex with waterbased polyurethane clear coat on a glow engine model.

Reply to
Sport Pilot

This is what I use on my glow models. Flat latex takes about 7 - 10 days to "cure" and semi gloss and gloss take about 14 - 21 days to cure. The water base poly clear coat should be applied after the latex has cured. Water base poly is good to 15% nitro.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

OK! I give up! Why would you want to paint the engines?

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Because it makes them look purty, of course!! Cooling must be a b(*&^% though. :)

Reply to
Black Cloud

I used emulsion paint on a brown paper covered foam job followed by clear polyurethane. It worked for me with no apparent fuel attack before the model came to grief in an argument with an oak tree.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Fisher