EP plane question

Question!

Why do some EP planes have a On-Off switch and some don't?

Can a switch be added to the battery circuit?

Earl of Ohio

Earl Scherzinger

answer 1: that's the way they build them???

Answer 2: to save weight??

answer 3: (and my personal favorite), Switches that will switch and carry the kind of amperage some of the bigger power systems use get expensive AND heavy pretty quick

Now, If you can find a switch that satisfies your requirements, there is no reason ( AFAIK ) that you can not put one in the battery circuit, I have done it with a couple planes, and it works out real well for me.

this is the switch I used

from Radio Shack SPST High-Current Mini Toggle Switch $2.99 Model: 275-324 Catalog #: 275-324

YMMV bob

Reply to
Bob Cowell

Some Speed Controls (ESC) come with them pre-wired, most don't. Most of us just plug in the battery when we're ready to fly, but you do need to be careful when in the neighborhood od a big sharp electric prop. Arming switches like these are starting to catch on.

current switches tend to be either big, bulky, or expensive, or some combination of these.

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

Reply to