Gasoline Prices

Those are the best ones.

They are not safer than SUVs.

God forbid is right!,....Aaccck!

No the government shouldn't be telling us what kind of mileage we should get and how much we can drive,...this isn't Communist Amerika (yet). It is bad enough that they put the MPG restrictions that they already have. The restritions with the old cars is just a restriction on the Plate and has nothing to do with the gas mileage those cars get. An old Model T ford got pretty good milage.

If you keep the government out of things, then things reach a natural balance on thier own. None of these Gas Price issues have anything to do with the MPG of SUVs. It has to do with idots in a Commodities Market that think the "sky is falling" everytime some fool blows up something in Iraq, and OPEC trying to take advantage of every opportunity they can to gouge everyone (OPEC isn't directly responsible to the "markets" and can do whatever they want), and the US is not an OPEC nation,...and it is also about the fact we haven't built a new Refinery in over 20 years due to out-of-control environmentalism (aka more government screwing things up),...and new Drilling has the same obsticals and hasn't faired much better. And then after all that, a hurricane shut down part of the *few Refineries that we *do have.

Reply to
Phillip Windell

Ed,

If you can't find a soft pad in the "normal' places, go to a saddle shop and look for a girth cover. They're usually made from sheep skin and you could do the whole car with one cover.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Jones

I dove them for 10 years. There are trucks that got 8. Yes, most owner operators got 4-5,...but the mass-produced fleet trucks weren't the same as what an individual would go out and buy. They were built for effieciency at the expense of speed, power, and probably durability.

Reply to
Phillip Windell

It is the same in our Eastern part of the US for the same reasons. But then,...it is called the New England" area after all ;-)

Reply to
Phillip Windell

LOL! Yes. There is a lot of that inferior stuff aournd.

Reply to
Phillip Windell

What use do you have for a house once you are dead?

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

It is at the end of the belt on top. Mine has a button (short lever) that you pull down and the belt guide is free to slide up and down to suit different height drivers. I am over 6' so I have it at the top. My wife is

5'3" so she has it at the bottom.
Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Heritage? In London? Most of what is there was built after the turn of the century (hint: after cars were invented). WWII razed a lot of the old structures and created the perfect opportunity to plan for the future. What happened? The same road structures were rebuilt complete with no room for expansion.

Most of what is in England that attracts the visitors ISN'T anywhere near the place that the south inner ring road is choked down to one lane or a thousand other places like that.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Because 80% of the stuff you would have to buy would be built by people making as much as you! The only reason we have the standard of living we have is because people in other countries are willing to have a lower standard of living to produce what we consume.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

No, them is BALLAST!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Well, I hope you are right And you probably are, my friend.

My short range vision isn't the best and hasn't been for quite a while. It is very possible that I have missed the adjuster all of these years. Thanks a bunch.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Which explains why Paul is an employee and not an employer. And why he is not getting rich off his side business. It's his firm grip on world economics!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

It is also quite possible, owing to the age of your vehicle, that it doesn't have an adjuster. It's not like they were universally mandated!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Problem is, damn few of them ride bikes. Most are in cages (biker term for car for those of you with inferior DNA)!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

One might argue that here-in lies evidence that you didn't learn much from history!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

That IS heritage compared to most things in America !

That's 'cos the planners and architects foresaw, in the not too distant future the demise of oil, in and designed with the return of horse transport in mind. Very soon now there amazing foresight will bear fruit... horses and trams will again rule !

Those places were deliberately designed to snare traffic. This way the tourists get to travel around relatively unimpeded and so come back again. Keeps the businessmen, shoppers, salesmen and other bozos out of the way of those discerning people who, with plenty of time on their hands, can enjoy all the heritage, unimpeded by those unimaginative people who think the `work ethic' is a GOOD thing ! >:-)

Reg

Reply to
tux_powered

Aw! Yea! I forgot. We all know those EVIL SUVs rollover in a heartbeat, heck you might even wakeup find them upside down in the garage one morning. So, we keep the fat girls, but they have to ride laying on the floor to lower the CG.

Reply to
Phillip Windell

Haunting, maybe, I guess....? Boooo!

Reply to
Phillip Windell

Geez, pay attention. He has a NEWER one than mine.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Prove me wrong. Name a time when our ability to buy toys was any better than now.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh