Gasoline Prices

How is it in your part of the country ?
Here in Connecticut we hit $3.19 a gallon for regular today. ONLY, a "LITTLE" jump. Yesterday it was $2.79 a gallon. All
indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weekend.
Since "Our Illustrious Leader", George Bush, decided to release some of the oil reserves yesterday, I wonder who is pocketing all the money ? It sure isn't the gas station
I thought this was supposed to be about airplanes.
Mr. Bush has nothing to do with the price of gas.
Bush has everything to do with the gas prices of today. Where do you think this idiot came from and who do you think got him there. People with common sense knew this was coming since the day he was elected. We got our morals now though. Yee Haw! Brad

That's one of the more rediculas comments I've heard,...but typical propaganda.
It didn't seem to bother the "left" that Al Gore owned stock in Oxidental Oil which had recently been sued for enviromental polution,....the "left" was strangely silent about that. I imagine that you think everyone from Texas & Oklahoma is an "oil man" in bed with "big oil".
Personally I feel better with the country run by the oil companies than I would with it run by liberals.
--
Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

Then be prepared to lower your standard of living considerably because you won't be able to afford the products.
--
Paul McIntosh
RC-Bearings.com

you
products?
Becuase the upward moving wages would cause more inflation. Price controls never work. Atificially forcing wages upward (as Unions do) is a "back-end" form of Price controls because the wages paid by a company are simply part of the "cost" of producing the product. If a product cost more to produce, then the product cost more to buy. Also don't forget that higher wages bring with them higher taxes and companies (unknown to most employees) has to "match" the tax paid in,...so if you paid $100 in tax withholding on your paycheck, the company also paid in $100 on their side,...so the "cost" of hiring and paying you is much higher than what it shows on your paystub and that doesn't even cover workman's comp and unemployment insurance other "hidden costs" the company has to pay. So you add all that up and the effect of your wages being raise artificially outside of market forces can very adversly effect the final cost of products,...which in turn,... makes you want,.... another raise, ...again,...causing more higher prices,...causing the desire for another raise,....causing more higher prices,...causing another......
The markets reach a "balance point" when they are left alone,...when governments get involved the balance collapes. Also having idots in the market that think the "shy is falling" every other day screws up the balance as well, as is the stituation with the Gas Prices in the Commodities Market.
--
Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com
Because 80% of the stuff you would have to buy would be built by people making as much as you! The only reason we have the standard of living we have is because people in other countries are willing to have a lower standard of living to produce what we consume.
--
Paul McIntosh
RC-Bearings.com

Which explains why Paul is an employee and not an employer. And why he is not getting rich off his side business. It's his firm grip on world economics!
Prove me wrong. Name a time when our ability to buy toys was any better than now.
--
Paul McIntosh
RC-Bearings.com

The gas prices don't bother me much either, but due to higher shipping costs caused by higher fuel prices we will soon be paying $2.50 for a candy bar and $6.00 for a gallon of milk etc. etc. that is what worries me.

Ah! Yes, the "EVIL" SUVs,...does anyone have the common sense to know that all the engines in the Vans, Pickup Trucks and SUVs are the same engine with the same gas milage? Why aren't we hearing about the "EVIL" Vans,...the "EVIL" Pickup Trucks? And has anyone figured out that most SUVs have V-6's and 4 cylinders and get better fuel milage than other vehicles? What about the "EVIL" Semi-Trucks that only get about 8 mile per gallon?...nope, we never hear about that,....only the "EVIL" SUVs. But what does truth have to do with politics and the media? But, hey, SUVs make a great political football for the special interest "left" who want to see us all drive the equivalant of golf carts or depending on public transportation (more government dependency).
--
Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

Where are you finding a semi that gets that good milage?
Yea, many of the "Fleet Trucks" I drove as far back as 1989 or so would get that, at least on the high side with about 5 on the low side...but they also only topped out at only about 62-65 mph. We had 300hp to 350hp Cummins' that were electronically controlled. There were a few Cats that did about the same in milage & top speed but seemed to have a bit more torque. They all really stunk if you wanted to get anywhere in a hurry. The Owner-Operators who wanted a little more "kick" to it never got that milage.
--
Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

Gas milage is also dictated by aerodynamics and SUVs have some of the worst, It also isn't all SUVs that bother me, I don't mind a Saturn VUE or Hyundai Santa Fe, its the Suburbans, Expeditions and Escalades that bother me. Full size vans are worse though although I don't hardly see any vans on the road most people that need a van nowadays buy minivans which get better milage, have more cargo room than, and are safer than SUVs. God forbid should you be seen in a minivan though. I also think that all those 3L - 6L engine cars should have limits on how many miles a year you can put on them much like the older muscle cars you see at shows with historical plates do.
Semis btw are a neccesary evil, we have to transport goods from one place to another and semis are the best choice we have atm. While they do pollute and waste fuel, they are doing it while transporting goods that everyone in the country uses and not just idling next to me at the red light with 180 decibels of bass eminating from them.

Scotty wrote:

...and weight. Don't forget weight.

Ok,..so the fat girls have to wait at home till you get back.
--
Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com
No, them is BALLAST!