Gasoline Prices

How is it in your part of the country ?
Here in Connecticut we hit $3.19 a gallon for regular today.
ONLY, a "LITTLE" jump. Yesterday it was $2.79 a gallon. All
indications are that gasoline will pass the $4.00 mark this weekend.
Since "Our Illustrious Leader", George Bush, decided to release some of
the oil reserves yesterday, I wonder who is pocketing all the money ?
It sure isn't the gas station
Reply to
Ted Campanelli
I thought this was supposed to be about airplanes.
Mr. Bush has nothing to do with the price of gas.
Reply to
Zemski
The price of gas doesn't bother me due to my fine Navy pension with its yearly COLA! I hope it goes to $10/gallon so a lot less of you jerks are on the road with your big ugly SUVs blocking my way.
And Bush and his administration's policies have everything to do with the price of gas. There would be more supply on the world markets without the Iraqi war and rehetoric from the likes of Pat Robinson and other idiots.
Ciao,
Mr Akimoto
Reply to
Mr Akimoto
Bush has everything to do with the gas prices of today. Where do you think this idiot came from and who do you think got him there. People with common sense knew this was coming since the day he was elected. We got our morals now though. Yee Haw! Brad
Reply to
Darnell
The gas prices don't bother me much either, but due to higher shipping costs caused by higher fuel prices we will soon be paying $2.50 for a candy bar and $6.00 for a gallon of milk etc. etc. that is what worries me.
Reply to
Scotty
At our end of the pond, it's the equivalent of $3.60 and heading north. I'd suggest, though, that the aim of Mr Bush's activities, and those of his predessors in the Middle East has been with the aim of securing reliable and cheap supplies of oil for the US.
The issue now, it seems, is that there's a growing view that we've reached the peak of worldwide oil production, just when our friends in China and India are getting richer and are starting to want all the things we've been enjoying. So they need energy, and there's no cheaper form of energy on the planet than oil.
The "peak oil" thing could be a load of crap, but the belief that it might be true is only going to send the price higher.
Reply to
Poxy
"Ted Campanelli" skrev i melding news:NNqRe.4186$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
Here in Norway, it's about $7.20 a gallon.
Reply to
Anonym
And Norway is a major oil producer and I think an oil refiner.
My niece lived in Norway for several years where her husband (a native Norwegian) worked for a major Norway oil company. They moved to the US two years ago. When she told me how high their income taxes were in Norway I was shocked. I replied that the people ought to be rioting in the streets for such an abuse. But she defended it by stating how they got "free" medical, university, vacations and other services.
Reply to
Marlowe
It's up to $3.49.9 in the Hudson Valley of N.Y.
Ahhh, America the beautiful huh?
Reply to
Fred Garvin
What everyone seems to be overlooking is that its not so much how much OIL there is, its that the oil companys cut the amount of refineries in the US by more than half of what it was 20 years ago. The existing refineries are constantly running at full capacity. Thats why every time some oil company janitor stubs his toe or something, the prices jack up instantly. Shrub opening up the reserves wont do squat. Iraq shipping all their oil to us (what the war is really about) wouldnt do squat. It still needs to be refined. The refineries in LA are under water. Even if they were all running at full speed, it would still take 13 weeks to hit the gas pumps. 1981 there were something like 370 oil refineries in the US. There are now, including the underwater ones, 149. Prior to Katrina 10% of the U.S. daily gasoline consumption was imported from other countries. The oil companies scream that the tree huggers wont let em build new refineries. What happened to the 221 refineries that are now gone?
Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople
Can anyone guess the % INCREASE of profits the oil companies will pos
for this quarter and the next?
Jerr
-- tailskid
Been modeling since '49 - which makes me an Old Fart
----------------------------------------------------------------------- tailskid2's Profile:
this thread:
tailskid2
The EPA cut refinery construction. Arizona hasn't had one for decades and now have just had a new one approved. It will be a decade before it produces.
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
150% give or take.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Well Im in west australia and its around $1:25 per litre, you can convert that to US$ cos I cant ....lol
Reply to
Dennis
At 3.8 liters per US gallon, that comes out to $4.75 per gallon.
Reply to
Ted Campanelli
Don't forget the conversion between U.S. and Australian dollars.
Reply to
St. John Smythe
Does anyone remember the old "windfall profits tax"? It is time that it is resurrected in an appropriately mutated form.
Previously, it taxed away most of the ill gotten gain that the oil companies realized the last time they screwed us like this. Yes, it sucks, but at least our government gets most of the money instead of the oil companies. Problem is, I'm not sure that the government isn't complicit in this whole thing via the EPA.
Ed Cregger
Reply to
Nemo
Exon-Mobil already has made 50% more this year than all of last year!
Reply to
Chuck Jones
And this has what to do with R/C models???
Cheers -- \_________Lyman Slack________/ \_______Flying Gators R/C___/ \_____AMA 6430 LM____ / \___Gainesville FL_____/ Visit my Web Site at

Lyman Slack
| The "peak oil" thing could be a load of crap, but the belief that it | might be true is only going to send the price higher.
We don't have to have hit `peak oil' for the price of oil to skyrocket. All that's needed is for the demand to increase faster than the supply, and that has happened.
The peak oil theory isn't a load of crap ... I certainly do believe in it ... but I don't know if we've hit it yet or not. But obviously the demand for oil is outstripping the supply, which is pushing up prices.
Now, to make this R/C related ...
Is the price of glow fuel increasing? :) If gas goes up much more and glow fuel doesn't, it'll start being cheaper to fly with glow engines than gas engines.
And those expensive lipo batteries aren't looking so expensive anymore, are they? :)
Reply to
Doug McLaren