great new store

found this new store

tommy
0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED

That's what spammers deserve!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

The link worked quickly and well for me.

Tom

Reply to
Tom B

What if those who want to advertise in the group can be honest about it? Say "I have started this new store, please pay it a visit" And maybe tell us a little about yourself, and background. We are a community, and we are generally supportive (not counting Mr. Akimoto)

"tommy" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Stefan Pettersen

You're making the assumption that everyone who posts something like that is doing so for their own gain. I'll agree a lot of them do but, not all. And rather than starting a flame war as Paul seems to desire, how about stating why you think the individual is a spammer, or secretive or not being totally honest? After all, from where I sit this lack of honesty thing runs rampant on this group.

Reply to
Chuck Jones

And you sit at the top C. O. Jones, with your bogus name, e-mail address, unconfirmable modeling claims, secret flying site, and unnamed flying buddies that can't confirm your existance.

RS

Reply to
Red Scholefield

After all, from where I sit this lack of honesty thing runs rampant

Then get the hell out of here. Just a hunble opinion. mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers

What, and give up the only real hobby that we can confirm he has?

RS

Reply to
Red Scholefield

This new store must be doing very well! Every single product shown on the website is listed as "sold out."

Reply to
Ed Paasch

Weird....

I did mention once that I found this "on-line store" where ARF's wer rather cheap. Boy did I get it from some people here, especially form the "sensei navy pilot. Now I see that they (that on-line store) are now advertising on top o the forum.

Maybe it should have a specific place on the forum where these tidbit of info are appropriate ??

OTOH, it seems to be OK to mention that Tower Hobbies, or some othe big house has this or that available. What about the posts where th poster self sells the kits or whatever

-- indoruwe

----------------------------------------------------------------------- indoruwet's Profile:

this thread:

indoruwet

I would welcome that. There are a lot of small hobby businesses out there and I have learend a lot from them and bought a lot from them.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Then start us on the road to recovery by leaving!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I think the big rub comes from someone whome we have never heard from before comes on and just posts a link to a store. No introduction, no explaination. Nothing.

When people post about Tower Hobbies it is usually because there is something of interest there and the person posting is likely not part of the company.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Particularly when the message is the old chestnut, "Hey, look at the great site I just found" which has about a 99-44/100 percent likelihood of being spam from someone affiliated with the site.

Reply to
St. John Smythe

Having used newsgroups for a fair few years now, it seems to me that in many (most?) groups the acceptable procedure (ie not resulting in flames etc) is that it is OK to provide information, not so OK to flog stuff.

And to many of us, information about where to buy those less common products is a goldmine - eg the poster on here that sells bearings for engines is doing ME a favour by letting me know where I can get these if I need them. That's information, bloody valuable info if I need a bearing. However, if that guy posted a long list of all his products regularly, then to me that would be flogging stuff and less welcome.

I reckon the same principle applies when someone opens a new store, or perhaps locates some less common product - it's good to have that information, but not so good if they start flogging specific common items.

And of course when a fellow hobbiest find a bargain to good to let go, passing the info along is helpful (sometimes) - of course the difference in that case is that the post is not for personal gain.

Of course this is just my view, and I am not a member of that Internet policeforce that keeps telling people what they can and cannot post (or whether they post top or bottom) It is just what I like and dislike, and in the end that is only important to me.

David

Paul Mc> I would welcome that. There are a lot of small hobby businesses out there

Reply to
quietguy

And why should I trust you with any of my info Red?

Or will you ignore the question again? Proving you're the bigger fake!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Only Red would regard this as real. But then, to Red this is all the real he has to offer!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

The rub comes when everyone automatically cries "spammer" or worse with no basis for it other than, "we don't know you".

Unless of course the post comes from one of the good ol' boys or is a favored site like Tower. Then the egos get buffed and you all banter like one big circle jerk! Though Red hasn't been pivot as much as he use to be! Kevie jilting him must have been too much for him!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

"Chuck Jones" skrev i melding news:9Fo6f.3146$Ix3.3066@dukeread05...

I saw at first glance that this message was spam. What I wanted to tell the poster was that it is better to be honest about it, then maybe we will check it out. The quoute "found this new store" sounds suspect. And it really doesn't trigger any interest. Had he told us that he is excited about his new store, then it would't be spam in the first place. And Chuck... YOU are the only one making the assuptions here. I don't have to state my reasons for thinking he is a spammer. I offered him a piece of good advice on how to front his business to the modelling community. But I checked it out by your request: Tommy (the poster) is called Paul and is a reseller of Clay's Hobbies amongst other things. His site has all contact info referred to said site, and nowhere in his site can you find his own name. He is also into foamworks and CNC machines.

Stefan Pettersen

Reply to
Stefan Pettersen

Chuck, see my response to this...