Help from all you 3D Foamy pilots

I want to build and fly my first 3D Foamy. What I really want to know is who makes the most sturdy kit. Since this is my first one Im sure I will pound it into submissing sooner or
later. I'm just hoping for later. I seen someone say that shock flyer was better than E-flite as far as the kit held together better. I was also thinking I liked the Great Planes Flatouts Turmoil.
I just need something thats not going to break in half every other time it drops or makes a bad landing.
Thanks, McLovin
Try www.chargerrc.com They make several styles and sell a complete combo setup for $300US. These foamies are made of 6mm Depron and are quite sturdy. The peices are cut so cleanly that the plane squares itself up without any holding blocks. The GP flatouts are good foamies, but they have a smaller wingspan and 3mm thickness. They will also take a bit more time to assemble.
Just my .02
RFan

McLovin wrote:

McLovin,
The Great Planes 'FlatOuts' are a bitch to build. Tried it! Never go it built. Trashed it! The End to FlatOuts.
I now have a J-3 ElectriCub from Great Planes. It can be seen on my website in the Photo Gallery > My Planes > Planes of Today.
EarlOfTroy http://rcobsession.net
Earl Scherzinger wrote:

what motor is in the cub?
me wrote:

'Me' (for lack of your name)
The motor in my ElectriFly J-3 Cub is a RimFire OutRunner Brushless 28-26-1000, with a ESC 12-SS (Tower TG4527) and an ElectriFly 640mAh 11.1V 15C Max. LiPO Battery Pack (Tower GPMP0805). I can also use the orig battery which is a NiMH 650mAh 9.6V Pack. I had to use a tripod mount because the motor is an OutRunner.
The season is finished for us in Ohio, so I don't know how it will fly although everything seems to OK, with plenty reserve power.
Watch for a ground loop on take-off.
EarlOrTroy http://rcobsession.net
Earl Scherzinger wrote:

Sorry for the Me not sure when I did that, my pc died and I had to res erect my laptop as it had no OS I have had to load Ubuntu and thuderbird back on to keep in touch with the world I am in the process of building a J3 electric cub but my motor is way bigger I just wonder if have over done it but I am going to try aero towing with it, along with a scorpio Habicth

Earl, the season changes from outdoor to indoor! mk
MJKolodziej wrote:

in the UK it just gets even more wetter, you hardly notice the difference in the South of England
"Kevin" <> wrote

I guess that is the advantage (if you can call it that <g) of a maritime environment. It gets wet, wetter, and cooler, but not freaking cold as crap for extended periods of time.
I still flew in Ohio in the winter, but it does take a bit more determination, and sometime a quick change set of snow skis for the plane. There are additional tricks for glow powered flying, such as a propane torch to gently warm the engine, and a bit of aluminum foil around the cooling fins.
All in all, it does get down to the question of how often it is "worth it." I had to get a fix, once in a while. I have to admit that flying on skis is a pretty big kick, though!
--
Jim in NC

MJKolodziej wrote:

MK,
Indoor rc flying is 35 miles each way from my house and with the price of gasoline, I can wait until spring. Our rc field is just three miles each way. In the meantime, I have a couple planes to build, AFTER I get out of the hospital for knee replacements (Both knees).
Look at my 'Future Planes' on my website.
EarlOfTroy http://rcobsession.net

Good luck with your planes, and your knees.
--
Jim in NC

Whoa! That sounds like an extreme way to get building time! Good luck with that retro-fit. mk
But did he ask his surgeon if partial knee replacement is right for him?
Ive been dealing with an ortho surgeon after I busted up my leg last January (slipped on ice while taking out the trash in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA of all things...) and have been anticipating my next Kaiser visit just so I can ask the surgeon that question. I broke both the tibula and fibula in my right leg resulting in surgery to install a titanium rod and several stainless steel screws.
While taking out the trash...
I dumped my Kawasaki doing 60+ thru Angeles Crest with less injury...
--
Dan
AMA605992

You should probably take a really good look at the Great Planes FlightFlex Yak 55 or FlighFlex U-Can-Do EP:
http://www.electrifly.com/parkflyers/gpma1274.html
http://www.electrifly.com/parkflyers/gpma1275.html
These electric 3D foamies were built to bounce. Check out the videos of them being crashed then flown again.
Ed