Hey, WAIT! RCU has the Firewall thing fixed - I think.

Just a few minutes ago, around 11PM CDT, I was able to post on RCU after being unable due to my security settings, actually a tad low.

Therefore don't give up yet. I was really POed, but smilies are returning. (;-))<

HC

Reply to
CainHD

Did you really believe for a second that your firewall problem was intentional?

For that matter, do any of you anti-RCU WHINERS believe that the problems you are having were intentionally created? Do you really believe that they will never be fixed?

Reply to
Mathew Kirsch

No, I never believed that any of the problems of the "new" RCU were intentional. I believe that they are all a result of gross incompetence spurred on by greed and a lack of respect for it's core users. There, now do you feel better?

MJC

Reply to
MJC

Replying to my own post, I'll point out that as of 7:45 CST in the US, the firewall problem is NOT fixed. Want to ask me how I know?

MJC

Reply to
MJC

O.K. folks, there IS a way around the problem. Write your messages and just before you push the send (or is it 'ok'?) button, toggle your FW off. Just after sending your message toggle your FW back on. That keeps your 'pants' down the least amount of time.

I suspect all reasonable folks would have expected some problems but I doubt that many of the 'beta testers' ever sent a message on the beta site. That would have shown the problem. Now they are scrambling to fix it and other foul ups. I think that the RCU guys are trying to fix too many things at once since I have personally tested multiple times and the FW thing seems to toggle between broken and fixed.

Give them a break I don't think greed made it happen. That is MY opinion but I could be wrong!

Jim Branaum AMA 1428

Six_O'clock_High Target snipped-for-privacy@Guns.com

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Oh yea, I get it. But it even works better if you stand on your head and whistle a happy tune while you turn your firewall off and on again for each message while, at the same time, you try to keep two HulaHoops going and chewing gum concurrently. Wow, I didn't know how much fun the new RCU was going to be.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

Reply to
RW Guinn

Jim- this is reminiscent of the "I can get ONE MORE FLIGHT out of these batteries today" syndrome... Y'all be keerful out thar!

Roger

Six_O'Clock_High wrote:

Reply to
RW Guinn

  1. I won't whine.
  2. YOURE DAMN RIGHT THEY WERE INTENTIONALLY CREATED YOU MORON!

Changes of that scale involve problems. Period. The change was absolutely unneeded and unwarranted. The unnecessary change was made anyway knowing there would be problems.

Who gives a rats ass if they'll be fixed and when. I'll tell you which site I'll be using. The one that pops up when I'm looking for some RC info and it turns up on google.

Reply to
mineeart

Nice

Reply to