I've always hated cutting slots for hinges. CA or plastic. Got that slot cutter from Dubro or sombody, and my chainsaw could do a better job. (Possibly operator error) X-acto blades by themselves cut too small a slot. Yesterday I cut up a hacksaw blade to give me a blade 1/8 inch wide by about 1 inch long, tapering to full width with the Dremmel. Sharpened the point, and tried it out.
The sharp end pushes in easily, and the teeth on the blade remove material easily. When I got done, a plastic hinge slid in with a snug fit. The slot was "sawn" to shape, not gouged out or crushed. It seems that the thichness of a hacksaw blade is just right for a hinge.
I'll still use CA for gluing, but will also use a toothpick dowell thru each side, just in case the glue fails in flight. BTW, when the elevator hinges come out in flight, you won't have to worry about remaining fuel or battery charge. (Cheap Chinese RTF!)
Now back to that Sr Telemaster that's taking up a good poprtion of my wood shop! I may need another ticket from the FAA to fly this monster!