Hot weather gives shorter flight times?

Yes. They are also the weakest part of the model. It is also the Wings that are the easiest to cause distortion when covering a new model if you get too carried away with the Heat-gun and "over shrink" the covering. So I think it was the combination of the wood becoming brittle and the contraction of the covering crushing the wing. I imagine the engine vibration "irritated" the situation too.

Reply to
Phillip Windell

Wings can be very airtight actually.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not that airtight, not enough to crate so much vaccume to crush the wing simply by a temperature drop. Especially if there are Servo Pockets in them and passages for control rods, etc, and other hardware that makes penetrations.

Reply to
Phillip Windell