Hovering aircraft indoors?

I could use some suggestions for hovering aircraft indoors. This is my wish list.

... battery-powered since it will be indoors ... vertical control is important ... horizontal control is somewhat important ... prefer nonhazardous in case it bumps into something or someone, I guess that means lighter is better ... somewhere around $50 USD, but I will look at any suggestions

I don't care what it looks like, it doesn't have to look like a helicopter.

Reply to
John Doe

MINI IFO?

3s LIPO and deep geared IPS motor? Micro radio gear.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Check out a magazine like "Backyard Flyer". There are several out there. I know Ikarus makes one. $50 will buy you the airfracme. The brushless motor and the LiPo batteries will set you back considerably more.

Morris

Reply to
Morris Lee

| I could use some suggestions for hovering aircraft indoors. This is my | wish list. | | ... battery-powered since it will be indoors | ... vertical control is important | ... horizontal control is somewhat important | ... prefer nonhazardous in case it bumps into something or someone, I | guess that means lighter is better | ... somewhere around $50 USD, but I will look at any suggestions | | I don't care what it looks like, it doesn't have to look like a | helicopter.

I suspect that you aren't going to like my answer, but since you have limited your price to $50, this is pretty representative of what will fit --

And yes, it is radio controlled. One channel. And it does work.

... unless you were talking about $50 referring just to the airframe of your plane ...

Reply to
Doug McLaren

That's $16 at Sears, but I see no indication that it allows horizontal control.

I don't want a plane.

Reply to
John Doe

Reply to
jim breeyear

| >| I could use some suggestions for hovering aircraft indoors. This | >| is my wish list. | >| ... battery-powered since it will be indoors | >| ... vertical control is important | >| ... horizontal control is somewhat important ... | >I suspect that you aren't going to like my answer, but since you | >have limited your price to $50, this is pretty representative of | >what will fit -- | >

| | That's $16 at Sears, but I see no indication that it allows | horizontal control.

It does not. But I doubt you're going to find what you want for $50, and you basically did say that horizontal control is optional (though preferred.)

Ultimately, to have vertical and horizontal control will require at least three channels. The Megatech HeliChopper may be close, but it only has two channels, and it's out of your price range anyways at $80.

You might be able to find a cheap tethered helicopter, but the cheap ones I can think of are like $100 ...

| >And yes, it is radio controlled. One channel. And it does work. | >... unless you were talking about $50 referring just to the | >airframe of your plane ... | | I don't want a plane.

Then why did you post to rec.models.rc.air? rec.models.rc.helicopters is over there --->

In case it wasn't obvious, this group concerns itself with planes or at least things that fly like planes, and r.m.r.h concerns itself with helicopters, or at least things that fly like helicopters.

Autogyros are a middle ground ...

Reply to
Doug McLaren

newssvr12.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm03.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01a.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!newsswing.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!wns13feed!worldnet.att.net!216.196.98.144!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!cyclone.austin.rr.com!fe2.texas.rr.com.POSTED!not-for-mail

Reply to
John Doe

You misspelled Thank You

Reply to
Don Parker

That's not a wish list, it's a dream list! Especially the part about $50. Sounds like you want a Blimp.

Dan Thompson (AMA 32873, EAA 60974, WB4GUK, GROL) remove POST in address for email

Reply to
Dan Thompson

I don't understand. You don't want a helicopter or a plane but you want to hover in mid air? It CAN be done, bu not on $50 USD! Look at Area 51 products...

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

"Six_O'Clock_High"

I said "it doesn't have to look like a helicopter".

I ended up using helium filled mylar balloons. Not exactly what I asked for, but it worked for the experiment.

Thanks.

Reply to
John Doe