Is there some sort of rating system for rc airplanes?

Is there some sort of objective rating system for rc airplanes tha

helps us chose the best next plane as we move from trainers to low win to aerobactrics to 3d

-- bbcards4

----------------------------------------------------------------------- bbcards46's Profile:

this thread:

bbcards46

No. There are broad categories that planes fit into but any rating system would be so subjective as to be meaningless to the beginner.

View this thread:

Paul McIntosh

Consumer Opinions. A lot of airplane opinions (good and bad) are mostly hearsay.

If you like something...Try it yourself first hand. YOU be the judge.

I've bought a few models that the whole world (NG's) were against.Judged for myself and have really liked the vast majority of them.

As far as a "Rating System"......No.

Reply to
TX_QBALL

I don't think so. At least I've never seen one. Mostly because it's more subjective than objective. How well an airplanes flies for a particular application is more of an opinion than a fact, unless the plane is totally unsuited for that use, i.e., a Cub used as a pylon racer.

That said, it's my opinion that some planes just don't fly well at all, usually due to design problems (read the recent AT-6 thread), and some are difficult to fly. A lot also depends on the pilot's skill and natural talent. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Cub as a pylon racer! That's a good one.

No, wait a minute! There were several Cubs that were VERY successful SWRA racers! Nelson engines and all.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

There is an unofficial list though...just look through the past 15 years of posts on google for this NG. Should be a good over view of Power/electric RC's. OR just build a little stick and quit worrying.

Reply to
Keith Schiffner