Kyosho Hype Coolfire 46 probs. Your experience?

I do not get my coolfire adjusted properly. Currently it runs with moderate power and makes a curious metallic rattling noise when idle. I tried different combinations of plugs/props/fuels, none giving satisfying results.

What kind of combinations do you use with this engine?

Reply to
McBickey

If this is a plain bearing engine, (what the heck is a Coolfire, anyhow?), then I would guess it to be like the old FP rattle. That is the sound of the crankshaft moving fore and aft dueing idle. Sometimes there is enough room to add a second thrust washer between the prop drive washer and the crankcase. This makes them a lot quieter.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Hmmm... serves you right for buying anything with the word "Hype" in the name...

:-)

-- Philip Rawson

Philip Rawson