MODELLBAU SÜD

Question about modellbau sud.

I have visit intermodellbau (dortmunt) and thats a HUGE event. so i was just wondereing would it be the same for modellbau sud. Is it bigger or smaller. Can i make some good deals just like in dortmunt ? is wort it travelling 3 hours ?

Tommy

Reply to
dingo

Modellbau Süd is a bit smaller than Dortmund, regarding the RC-model part. There also is a huge selection of computer-junk, model-trains, and games. I.e. the whole fair might be bigger than Dortmund, but the RC model stuff only occupies part of it. I've been there since 98 and feel it's declinig during the past few years. Parking has always been a catastrophe, as is the shuttle service to far away parking grounds. Fees for the parking garage doubled with the Euro. Some Exhibitors started leaving out this fair. There also grew a large competition with the Bodensee Messe in Friedrichshafen, which is more far away for you. You will surely find some good deals, but don't calculate too sharp. Anyhow I love attending such fairs, having a close look at the huge selection and find some interesting deals. YMMV BTW: have you ever been to Sinsheim, very nice fair ( roughly 80 km less if you're coming from north-west ).

Achim

Reply to
Achim Stegmeier

Intermodellbau in Dortmunt is the only fair i ever visit. In belgium you dont see many fairs and mostly they are "granny hobby fairs" with an RC corner. or die-cast models. it would be nice to find a second fair to kill the gap in the year.

Tm

Reply to
dingo

"dingo" skrev i melding news:b4iad.275199$ snipped-for-privacy@phobos.telenet-ops.be...

In Germany there is a lot of model fairs/shows/exhibitions, spread around the country and the calender. Dortmund Mid April Friedrichshafen End October Hamburg End November Leipzig Start October Nurnberg Start February Sinsheim Mid March Stuttgart End October

In addition there are quite a few model airshows around where a great deal of businesses are present

Kjell Aanvik

Reply to
Kjell Aanvik