Mounting the antenna

Do most of you mount your receiver antenna from the fuselage to the tail or is there some other clever way doing it??? Thanks ahead of time...

Reply to
Newbee

I install mine inside the aircraft fuse inside a nylon tube that Ace sells for that purpose. Works fine, out of site and won't get damaged.

Newbee wrote:

Reply to
Ted Brindle

If you want it hidden, you can simply run it back through the fuselage. Alternative methods include from the back of the canopy or fuselage to the top of the vertical fin or horizontal stab., out one wing panel, and under the fuselage on the outside. Only three warnings: do not cut it, double it back on itself, or knot it. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

"Any which way but loose" AFAIAC.

:)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Done all those three things no problems.

You lose a bit of range, but so what? I have never run out of range except with TX antenna down :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And I've hand-propped a Webra .40 with nary a scratch, but why take the chance? If you jump out of the boat and chase the sharks, one day you're gonna get bit. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

On 9/4/2003 8:33 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

Hayes sells a "loaded" antenna (18" long) that I have used on several scale models (concealed in the fuselage). It works very well and if there is a range drop it is very minimal - no apparent loss of signal at

150' with the antenna down.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli