multiple tanks

I have a new scratch built plane that with space(real tight) for a six ounce tank but I realized that I cound fit two 4 oz tanks in much easier.

Can I connect the exhaust (pressure tap) line to tank 1 and its output to the pressure input on tank two. Tank two output would go to the engine.

Seems that it should work. The tanks will be side-by-side. Exhaust pressure should pump fuel from tank 1 to tank 2 therefore keeping both tanks pressurized.

Will this work? snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (broke=not working, retired=not working, retired=broke)

Reply to
Brokebob

It should work. What you've described is pretty much how a small 2oz header tank is used on a helicopter with a 6 or 8 oz main tank, and they work fine.

Reply to
Joe Bill

It will work as long as the tanks are pretty much in line with the needle valve. At least as long as the last one feeding the carb is, A buddy of mine built a GP F-14 and he has four tanks! It flew quite well this past weekend...

Reply to
Bob Severance

I think some of the jets (ducted fan and turbine) use saddle tanks, one on each side of the fuse, plus a header.

Your setup should work fine.

Let us know how it works for you.

Marty

Reply to