Metal Water Tanks Capable of Pressure - Source?

Anyone have a source for metal water tanks that can handle 125 PSI or so similar to McMaster 45115T38?

I'm looking for a 500 gallon option but I'm not willing to shell out the $4000 or more that it'll cost me from McMaster.

Must be galvanized or stainless for food grade water use...

Think home water expansion tank without the bladder.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Save $600-800 by going to watertanks.com, (480 or 525) but 500 gallons is going to cost you a bit anywhere. Evidently there isn't much savings in getting (say) 4X 120 gallons, either.

Reply to
Ecnerwal

how about a 500 gallon propane tank? New about $1200.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

There is if I have to fit it through my 36" doorway. Thanks for the link!

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

I got a fairly new glass-lined electric water heater tank for my solar water system from a friend's remodelling project. In about 5 years the seam rusted through, possibly because it no longer contained a zinc anode.

Decent clean water tanks are hard to find second-hand, and you often don't know what might have been in them.

Plastic drums won't hold more than about 5 PSI before the ends bulge. I stopped testing at 10 PSI because the expansion and distortion made mounting and plumbing it impractical.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I got a fairly new glass-lined electric water heater tank for my solar water system from a friend's remodelling project. In about 5 years the seam rusted through, possibly because it no longer contained a zinc anode.

Decent clean water tanks are hard to find second-hand, and you often don't know what might have been in them.

Plastic drums won't hold more than about 5 PSI before the ends bulge. I stopped testing at 10 PSI because the expansion and distortion made mounting and plumbing it impractical.

jsw

Reply: Get food grade poly 55 gallon barrels. Use a pressure regulator on the input and then a pressure tank and pump on the output. A water heater would work for the pressure tank.

Reply to
Califbill

What you want is a "galvanized tank" Call a water well driller or well supply store. Well Mate makes a fiberglass alternative. They range in size from 42 gal to 325 gal. There are larger sizes just cost more than off of the shelf tanks. 82 gal is the most common. These tanks are everywhere.

Scott in Texas

It was 98 degrees today.

Reply to
jano

I got some tanks from a water well system for a motel that would change out the tanks every so many years because the bladders would go bad. The tanks themselves were still good. I would check with a plumber that does well systems.

John

Reply to
John

Perhaps in Texas, the best I could find from a well driller was a fiberglass water softener tank the size of a compressed air cylinder. So maybe check with well drillers in rural farming areas?

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Here are some mfr's links

Epoxy lined tanks or retention tanks maybe another name for you to search for locally.

Reply to
jano