Removing Morse Taper Chuck Video

33 second video...

I'm working on a bunch of "how to" videos. Any tips from those who use such machines? This was one of our first tries a few months back...

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Might mention that those lever action removal tools are a waste of time and money.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

"A public service from Joe AutoDrill". Good on you. But it seems to me that the crucial bit is how the drift fits in the quill. A camera shot of the quill opening and how the spindle might need to be rotated would add a lot.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

I've never even heard of such devices... I suppose that's a good thing based on your comment. :)

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

i noticed your operator has three hands. Most of us are not so blessed. I'd suggest a video of how a two hander does it.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Right, Karl. I do with two hands and an elbow on my Grizzly drill press. Thumb on one hand holds the drift, fingers hold the drill bit or chuck, elbow holds the three legged wheel, and the left hand holds the hammer to whack the drift.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

You watched the soon to be released Fukushima version.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

I keep a taper drift welded onto the end of a small homemade slide hammer.It will only take a half hour and some of the stuff in your scrap box and will sve you a lot of time. As you can hold the chuck with one hand and slide the hammer with the other it saves you winding the table up to catch the chuck when it falls out.

Reply to
Grumpy

I remember seeing commercially made versions of this sort of tool in various shops. Never bothered to read the inscription so have no idea who made them (maybe Morse :-) but they were quite common.

Cheers,

John D. Slocomb (jdslocombatgmail)

Reply to
J. D. Slocomb

Thanks for the public service. One I'd like to see is removing a chuck from its arbor.

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET