Need Info

I have an OS .61 SF engine I want to put in a project I'm building. Is this engine a ball bearing engine or a bushing? I think it's BB but not sure...

Tnx, Mark

Reply to
Mark Tetrault

I have one also, it's a ball bearing engine. v

Reply to
Rumprider

The sf .61 is a very good BB motor. One of the best. Strong and smooth.

Reply to
Flyinglindy

Its a BB engine. I have one also and sure hope yours runs better than mine. Fixin to can it if it don't straighten up...... Good luck

Reply to
TX_QBALL

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:48:06 -0500, TX snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net scribbled:

Thanks for all the replies. Hope yours "sees the light"

Reply to
Mark Tetrault

Can it this way and I'll pay the freight!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Well,almost. I sent this engine to the repair station. It ran fine wide open but anything below 3500 RPM,it would konk out. I already replaced the bearings and the guts to the carb. I sent it to the station and they wrote me and told me that the liner was peeling. I got it back and sure nuff the liner was peeling. I replaced the liner and piston but it does the same thing. What I don't know is that once they opened it up and saw the liner peeling,they most likely didn't go any further,so I don't know if that was causing the problem (don't look like it).It still has the same problem. I did replace the carb guts and can't find a schematic of the exact place ment of the carb parts,but it all went back together and still runs.It's just that the low end sucks. This SF has the weird low end adjustment. Unlike my others. Any ideas???? Thanx Walt

Reply to
TX_QBALL

You can usually look at the crankcase of any size glow engine and tell.

If its a BB engine then at the front of the crankcase behind the prop there will be a bulge where the front BB assembly is. Then about an 1" back there will be a 2nd bulge in the crankcase where the rear BB assembly is.

If you look at a bushing engine then a BB engine its easy to visually spot the crankcase difference.

Reply to
Eb

FYI, Eb, OS SF engines are ball bearing. They are the predecessor of the FSR, FX, and the new AX. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Reply to
jim breeyear