Never Lose Your RC Plane Again!!!!

Hello I have a nifty little design available to help you find your airplane in those tall weeds, corn, beans, or wherever it unexpectedly lands. I have developed this design using state of the art microcontrollers which actually run software that I've written. The whole unit weighs only 4 grams ready to use. This means it would be great for sailplanes, helicopters, airplanes or any other craft where weight is of concern. The unit installs into an empty servo slot on your receiver and it just sits there until you need to use it. When you turn your receiver on it will greet you with a quick series of tones to let you know its on and protecting your plane. If you should need to find your model quickly you simply turn your transmitter off and the locator realizes that you are looking for it and begins emitting a beacon sound that can be heard very far away. If you dont have a spare servo slot on your receiver you can use a Y-adapter and put it on a channel with a servo. The point is that nobody likes looking in weeds for their planes, and we hear stories all the time of people losing their plane and not finding it for days or even weeks. Dont let this happen to you when there is an easy, affordable solution.

The locators are only $10.00 shipped in the US. For more information or to order online visit

Allthingsrc.com

I'm sorry, but $2 worth of basic electronics and a piezo buzzer and you have the same thing -- as long as there's a signal on the servo line, the device is silent. No signal, BWEEEP! for as long as the airborne battery holds out.

This one even has a power-saver mode that kicks in to reduce the draw.

Reply to
byrocat

hey everyone byrocat has volunteered to design and make and sell a locator for $2.00. im out of business now. its so easy he probably has one he made while i was typing this. so if you want one for $2.00 just email him and he can get you set up with a $2.00 locator.

GET REAL. these take time to make and time to design. im not going to sell them for $2.00 when they cost me $2.00 for just the buzzer and thats in bulk from online vendors. if you think you can do it better and cheaper (would like a parts list and cost including servo pigtail, buzzer, resisters, caps, microcontrollers etc) be my guest. otherwise, what i offer is people an affordable device to help make their flying time better spent. and besides most people would rather have an electrical engineer solder up their device than the local club know it all.

*sorry for the rant everyone.....some people just never learned that if they dont have something nice to say, hush up.
Reply to
Allthingsrc.com

Reply to
Darnell

| GET REAL. these take time to make and time to design. im not going | to sell them for $2.00 when they cost me $2.00 for just the buzzer | and thats in bulk from online vendors. if you think you can do it | better and cheaper (would like a parts list and cost including servo | pigtail, buzzer, resisters, caps, microcontrollers etc) be my guest.

Of course, yours isn't the first such device to hit the market. For example, there's this one (and it's just one of many) --

Though it's a bit heavier (7g vs 4g) and a bit more expensive ($15 vs. $10.) It will also tell you about a battery whose voltage is too low, however. All in all though, yours seems fine to me (from what I see on your web page anyways), though the chip on your shoulder may turn off some potential customers.

Other alternatives include :

And here's instructions for building your own --

(Though at $10-$20 each, I'd probably just buy one.)

Can your device be triggered if you have a receiver that never stop sending the servo signals, even if the transmitter is turned off? PCM and some of the newer DSP receivers sometimes never stop sending signals to the servos, even when the transmitter is off, and some lost plane alarms only trigger when that signal stops, which means that they'll never go off with one of these receivers.

| otherwise, what i offer is people an affordable device to help make | their flying time better spent. and besides most people would | rather have an electrical engineer solder up their device than the | local club know it all.

Just being an EE doesn't make you a better solderer.

(It also doesn't seem to help with capitalization or punctuation.) | *sorry for the rant everyone.....some people just never learned that | if they dont have something nice to say, hush up.

And some people never learned that this is Usenet, and the old adage of `if you don't have something nice to say about somebody, don't say anything' has been replaced with `it's better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.'.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

$10.00 shipped sounds pretty good to me too.

Unfortunately yes, there are people out there that have no concept that there is cost (other than raw materials) associated to doing business. My time alone is worth more than that. Mike

Reply to
Mike Bealmear

very well put mike. i just graduated with a degree in engineering and im sure at 25.00+ an hour at my future job i could call it quits and not make another RC item and be better off financially for it, but i like providing people with cheap solutions to problems because i love to fly so much. i do it for much more than to get rich, if not i would find a larger market than RC stuff...ha.

anyway no harm, i dont mind being questioned. instead of questioning me though i wish people would ask the big companies why they mark things up so much and leave us small guys alone....hehe

if you want to buy my stuff fine, if not thats fine too. just dont hassle me about my prices.....is all i ask.

Reply to
Allthingsrc.com

I think it's cool that you're using your education to make nifty gadgets. And ten bucks is a fair price. I hope you sell a ton of them.

"Allth>

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

$10 seems fine. I didn't see any chips on his shoulder,..the anoyance he showed was justified to me. Blame the "Perp", not the "victem".

Reply to
Phillip Windell