New radio freq??

I just read in a r/c mag. about a new radio in the 14 mhz band. Did I read it wrong? Is it limited to vy short range? It might be a problem because the 20 meter band if very popular choice for hams. Maybe it was a typo.

Reply to
jim breeyear

Jim, Are you sure that wasn't a 14 channel radio .... Futaba 14-MZ

Joe L.

Reply to
JosLvng

Are you sure you weren't reading about Futaba's new (yet to be released) 14 channel Transmitter? The model number of this new transmitter is 14MZ which could be confused with 14 Mhz. Since it currently is advertised as an Aero/Helo/Glider Transmitter, it would still be in the

72Mhz (US version) band.

Thanks, D.Tipton

Reply to
tippy

I think that is the style number, not the frequency. Futaba 14mz or something. The megabux replacement for the 10z I think it is.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

I think you read it wrong. The new radio is not 14 mhz. Look here for the scoop.

Paul in Redland

Reply to
jim breeyear

| Thanks. Old age setting in. I look but dont see. And I have been a ham | for 49 years. I always had trouble switching frm Megacycles to Megahertz.

Didn't your radios come with a dial for that when the switch came, one that allowed you to switch from megacycles to megahertz?

All the equipment I've got is too new and only does megahertz, but I've got some books that are calibrated in megacycles ... seems that it would be a pretty simple matter to add a knob that allows one to switch ...

(:

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Now that was just plain mean. VBG