New radio freq??

I just read in a r/c mag. about a new radio in the 14 mhz band. Did I
read it wrong? Is it limited to vy short range? It might be a problem
because the 20 meter band if very popular choice for hams. Maybe it was
a typo.
Reply to
jim breeyear
Are you sure you weren't reading about Futaba's new (yet to be released) 14 channel Transmitter? The model number of this new transmitter is 14MZ which could be confused with 14 Mhz. Since it currently is advertised as an Aero/Helo/Glider Transmitter, it would still be in the 72Mhz (US version) band.
Thanks, D.Tipton
Reply to
tippy
Thanks. Old age setting in. I look but dont see. And I have been a ham for 49 years. I always had trouble switching frm Megacycles to Megahertz.
Paul > I think you read it wrong. The new radio is not 14 mhz. Look here for the > scoop.
Reply to
jim breeyear
| Thanks. Old age setting in. I look but dont see. And I have been a ham | for 49 years. I always had trouble switching frm Megacycles to Megahertz.
Didn't your radios come with a dial for that when the switch came, one that allowed you to switch from megacycles to megahertz?
All the equipment I've got is too new and only does megahertz, but I've got some books that are calibrated in megacycles ... seems that it would be a pretty simple matter to add a knob that allows one to switch ...
(:
Reply to
Doug McLaren

Site Timeline