upgrade from futaba 6xas... 7C OR 9C super series or not?

Hello all, I was just looking on their website(possible radio upgrade this winter) and was wondering... IS the T7CAP capable of FM IN THE 6M BAND? this is where i fly, and was wondering.... or do i have to go to the 9C or the 9C super series? I am a fixed wing pilot I wont use it for heli's or anything else.. Just wanted an opinion.... Gig as always thanks..

Reply to
Gig

The 7Cis only available on 72 or 75 mhz

Carrell

If you go by the advertisement than this radio is not available i Europe (35). so 6 meters is probably available by special order. Haven't seen an Futaba advertised on 6 meters, yet they are available

-- indoruwe

----------------------------------------------------------------------- indoruwet's Profile:

this thread:

indoruwet

(page 19)

6 meter is not necessarilly a European band... (might not be a Europea band at all...)

You should call the Futaba rep and check if you can get your desire frequenc

-- fhhuber50677

----------------------------------------------------------------------- fhhuber506771's Profile:

this thread:

fhhuber506771

In article , fhhuber506771 wrote: | |

(page 19) | | 6 meter is not necessarilly a European band... (might not be a European | band at all...)

6 meter is almost certainly the ham band. 50 MHz, though there's some (obsolete) R/C frequencys at 53 MHz. Both are in the 50-54 MHz amateur radio 6m band, and requires a ham radio license to use. It's probably also legal for use in most of the world, which is an added bonus if you travel.

But the previous poster is correct -- the Futaba site (and Tower, for that matter) doesn't explicitly mention 50 MHz as an option for any of the radios, but yet it's available. Perhaps you should call up Tower and ask.

| You should call the Futaba rep and check if you can get your desired | frequency

Yup.

Reply to
Doug McLaren