Futaba 9C whats new for THIS SEASON?

Hello all, I heard(grapevine naturally) that Futaba will be be replacing the

9C shortly.... I thought that this was a new radio that has only been out for a short time I would like to buy one, but if they are going to scrap it i'll wait till the new one comes out... Has anyone heard news like this or is this just rubbish? thanks gig
Reply to
Gig

At the WRAM show they had a Futaba 12MZ; I think that was the model #. They guy said that the 12MZ would replace the 9 channel radios.

Reply to
Robert A. Plourde Jr.

There is a 14MZ but it is very much a top of the range model and well beyond the reach of most modellers' pockets. They would have to be insane to take the 9C off the market in deference to the 14MZ, it's 3 times the price!

Reply to
CM

There is a 14MZ but it is very much a top of the range model and well beyond the reach of most modellers' pockets. They would have to be insane to take the 9C off the market in deference to the 14MZ, it's 3 times the price!

Reply to
CM

The introduction of the 9Z WC2 doesn't necessarily mean the 9C is being discontinued. There's no mention of a 12MZ on Futaba's website, either. It seems odd to have two different 9-channel systems, but it appears that the

9C is aimed more at the value segment of the market while the 9Z WC2 is aimed more at the performance market segment.

All of the 9Z flightpacks included a PCM receiver and digital servos, where the 9C is available with an FM receiver and standard ball bearing servos.

My guess is the 9C will still be with us for quite a while.

Reply to
Ed Paasch

given the release's so far I'd have thought a new 8 series radio would be the next to be remodeled, although the 9C has been upgraded to the super version so tat might be it.

the FF7 has been redone, the 9C is pretty new so my guess is either the 8, or maybe the 9 to tie it in to the 14MHZ's new PCM system to increase the poeple they can sell rx's to.

Reply to
Gavin

Reply to
Sunny_B

This is precisely the reason that I am holding on to my JR 8103 and X-347 systems. They both do what I need to do with models, or are close enough. I'm waiting for the spread spectrum systems to replace those two systems.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

But given the restrictions placed on the output power in the 2.4GHz band, is it likely that spread-spectrum systems are ever going to give the range we currently expect from our licenced flying frequencies? From what I've read, the Spektrum system has limited range and is aimed at the park flyer market.

Reply to
Poxy

Tower's web site now has the 12MZ listed and, at $1,500.00, I doubt it will replace the 9C even though I heard the same thing.

Reply to
Robert A. Plourde Jr.

| But given the restrictions placed on the output power in the 2.4GHz band,

... which are actually higher than restrictions placed on the power output in the 72 MHz band -- 1 watt in 2.4 GHz vs. 0.75 watts in 72 MHz.

That, and at 2.4 GHz a somewhat directional antenna on your TX becomes practical -- 6 dBi of gain seems reasonable, aimed in the general direction of your plane.

| is it likely that spread-spectrum systems are ever going to give the | range we currently expect from our licenced flying frequencies? From | what I've read, the Spektrum system has limited range and is aimed | at the park flyer market.

The Spektrum only puts out about 0.1 watts if I've heard right. Boost that to a full watt, add a better reasonable antenna, and the range should become similar to or better than what we're used to.

The Spektrum is just a first version, probably rushed to get it out first. It'll get better.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Not to mention advances in Rx technology which increase sensitivity and selectivity.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

My wifi connection drops out for no reason now and again, I'd not want that happening with a model...

Reply to
Gavin

If the limit is 1 watt, why do 2.4GHz wireless networks have such short range?

Reply to
Poxy

| Doug McLaren wrote: | > In article , | > Poxy wrote: | >

| >> But given the restrictions placed on the output power in the 2.4GHz | >> band, | >

| > ... which are actually higher than restrictions placed on the power | > output in the 72 MHz band -- 1 watt in 2.4 GHz vs. 0.75 watts in 72 | > MHz. | | If the limit is 1 watt, why do 2.4GHz wireless networks have such short | range?

A few reasons :

1) they don't actually use the limit. They usually use around 0.25 watts or less.

2) wireless networks are usually used indoors, with walls and such attenuating the signal greatly.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Sadly, the new R/C Report magazine mentions that some interference problems are showing up. Something about other users in the band with higher power.

Lyman

Reply to
Lyman Slack

Now, if they could outfit the rig with an "on the fly" search for another frequency pair...

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger