Help! Futaba 9C Programming

I have tried the Futaba phone line and sent email which bounced. Here is the problem. I have a twin and have the 9C programmed so that
switch C is used to control the two throttle servos. When C is centered, the throttle stick controls both servos. When down, the left servo is under control the right is idle, when up, the opposite occurs. That is the way its supposed to work, very cool. The probelm is I can's get the thrpottle kill switch to work for both engines.It only will control channel 3. I know there must be some way of mixing this but I can't figure it out and Futaba was no help at all. Particularly when yoiu go to their site and click on "contact us" and it bounces!
Many thanks,
Ted
Call Tower Hobbies. If they can't answer the question they will direct you somewhere that can.

Jim wrote:

Anne Marie Cross on RCgroups is the futaba whizz. I think she works for them.
Try there

Found a guy at Futaba who worked it. Its really an exotic mix and one they had never done before.

Finally reached Futaba and found an expert. The mix is so exotic that even he had to reason it out. There is nothing written on how to do it. It works and I have to right down all the seetings so I can duplicate again.
"Ted" <> wrote

That really says something about Futaba, to me. That the radio has enough flexibility to program something that was never intended, and that someone was smart enough to figure out what to do to make it work.
Consider posting the mix, here. Come up with a new subject line so that someone in the future doing a search for your problem might be able to find it in the archives. <g>
--
Jim in NC

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 21:42:02 -0400, "Morgans"
k.

Yes, please. I have a 9C also and you never know when you might need the info!
David

OJK, i'll give it a try. I'll have to go thru the steps on the radio and then write everything down. It uses 4 of the of the 5 available p- mixes. It will be a challenge to try to re-create it.
| > Finally reached Futaba and found an expert. The mix is so exotic that | > even he had to reason it out. There is nothing written on how to do | > it. It works and I have to right down all the seetings so I can | > duplicate again. | | That really says something about Futaba, to me.
Really, it says more about the 9C than Futaba in general, though it does tell us that Futaba can offer great support once you find the right guy.
| That the radio has enough flexibility to program something that was | never intended, and that someone was smart enough to figure out what | to do to make it work.
... and yet it took an expert quite a bit of time to work it out, and it used most of his available mixes.
Who makes the most programmable computer radios? Multiplex, IMHO, at least among what I've used. My Evo 9 programs _very_ differently than my 9C, but once you figure it out you realize that it can pretty much do anything you need. About the only thing that I think it can't do is separate the trim adjustments from their sticks.
Most of the other radios give you some built-in mixes and they work nicely, and you get a few more free-form mixes that aren't as powerful, at least not individually. Multiplex gives you templates for various types of planes, but they also give you access to all the `internal' functions used to build those templates and you can also reassign controls around and such. It's alien at first, but very powerful once you figure it out.
The downside with my Evo 9 is that certain changes change your template rather than your model itself, so changing one plane could change other planes as well. Granted, it warns you before you do this, and in practice it's rarely a problem, but it's still a pretty odd limitation.
I don't know about the Profi models, but I hear they're generally even more powerful than the Evo.
I haven't tried the fancier radios, like Futaba 14MZ or JR 9303, so I can't really comment too much on them, but they seem to in general work like the 9C -- you get some predefined mixes, and then a bunch of free mixes. But at least I assume that changes to one model don't change another model, ever ...
--
Doug McLaren, snipped-for-privacy@frenzied.us
I wish I had a Kryptonite cross, because then I could keep both