Newest style Thunder Power Li-Po's

I've had two 1320 3 cell packs in a row now that swelled slightly after

5 or 6 flights. These new style cells are flatter and more 'uniform' looking than the older TP pack I had, and the date stripe is tan colored now rather than the yellow I think my old pack had.

My old 1320 flew the same model I have now without any problems, full power was no issue whatsoever. The new style 1320's have a higher C rating than the old pack. Even being flown modestly it swelled after about 4 flights. I mailed it back to Thunder Power and they said "Well, we don't know for sure what happened but we'll sell you a new one for half price". Fine, I paid them and they mailed me a new pack.

5 flights later I'm back where I started. This time I was flying mostly 1/4 throttle or less in a parkzone cub with the exact same powertrain that I used with my old pack, which I incidentally bought used and got probably 50 or 60 flights out of it before I crashed it in another model and destroyed it. Top and bottom cell are both slightly puffy. The pack was barely even warm when I took it out of the model. Iin the past with the older cells I've had them get hot to the point of being uncomfortable(drawing near the limit of continuous C) and not swell up.

What gives? Anyone else having problems with the most recent crop of cells from thunder power?

Chris

Reply to
halatos

I don't have any of those, but I guess I won't be getting any either. Thanks for the report. mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamilton

I have a 2100 3 cell TP Extreme pack that I use in my MX400. I probably have about 10 flights on it and so far have had no swelling. The pack also runs much cooler than my old 2100 Pro-Lite. So far I am satisfied.

Phil

Reply to
Philip Goodwin