No metal to metal contact - a furphy?

On 8/17/05 11:12 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "Mr Akimoto"

AKI guy,
You are entitled to your opinion, however ridiculous it is. It is clear you are electronically inhibited.
Mr. B

He sounds like a silver-spooner that cut his teeth on a PCM set up. Such a pity.
Ed Cregger
| You're totally incorrect! A good radio shouldn't be bothered by any | sort of outside intererence and that includes the odd situation | described by the original poster. My Futaba 9C never glitches, and | the same can be said for my el cheapo Air VG400.
I've asked before, and never got a response ...
What are you smoking, and why aren't you sharing?
My 9C doesn't glitch, as it's a transmitter and transmitters don't glitch, but the servos connected to the receiver certainly will if there's interference (assuming it's not a PCM receiver, or one of the new receivers with DSPs.)
If you have a radio setup that isn't bothered by intereference, then you need to get that stuff down to Area 51 immediately -- it must be alien technology or magic or something. Because over here in the real world, our radio systems _are_ `bothered' by interference. A PCM or DSP receiver may mask the interference, but it's certainly still there, keeping your controls from doing what you tell them to.
Or, maybe you just live somewhere that doesn't have much interference. If so, must be nice. But don't try and pretend that the rest of the world is like that.
"Bother," said Pooh as he tried on his new Rooskin coat.
Mr. Akitojo sounds like he has been dropped on his head and gotten his brains a bit scrambled. Bill(oc)
On 8/17/05 2:50 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3172.bay.webtv.net, "Bill Sheppard"

From the total of his posts I've read, I believe he may just be a troll. He has not said anything that is on the mark. I won't respond to his future posts - he's not worth out time.
Don
| From the total of his posts I've read, I believe he may just be a troll. He | has not said anything that is on the mark.
He has said things that are `on the mark'. In fact, most of what he's said has been relatively accurate.
But he has been _very_ wrong in a few cases ...
"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the

David

I may be wrong (its not totally unheard of) but he reminds me of that troll that goes by the title of C O Jones. Seems to be similarities in intelligence levels. I binned both of them a while back.
Reg
The reason I made my original post is that the plane in question (Hitec Rx with JR Xmitter) does NOT demonstrate any problems despite the metal to metal contact - it has been checked over by the clubs good guys, and flys without glitches - that is why I asked the question
David
PS even good radios can be affected by interference
Mr Akimoto wrote:

quietguy wrote:

My understanding is that anytime two dissimilar metals are rubbed together there is RF energy generated. I guess because of the different metals having a different number of electrons which would be a potiential difference. I do know it happens.
To demonstrate take a file and a screw driver and hold them close to the receiver antenna with just the receiver and servos turned on. Run the screw driver tip against the file and watch the servos.
wow Mr Akimoto is amusing. he is clearly wrong in this situation about the RF being produced between metal objects. several tests have been given that prove it exists and yet he claims the persons radio is at fault. thats humorous. i certainly hope nobody takes him serious.

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:47:09 -0400, "Allthingsrc.com"

I certainly agree with the above. I can't explain how it happens , but I know it does. I've had it happen to me a few times until I learned how to avoid it. I had a 1/4 Midget go in at full throttle because I didn't check the clearance between my aileron servo linkage in the center of the wing and my elevator servo in the fuse. After the crash we could clearly see where the rods rubbed each other.We tested it and reproduced the glitch. Also had the same thing happen on throttle linkage , of course it didn't cause a crash. Like I said , this was in the late 80's , early 90's before I knew better. Haven't done it since then.
Ken Day

snipped-for-privacy@allthingsrc.com says...

Same old troll, different name. Bragged today in the Duraplane post about money not being a concern. I forget what comes next. Was it advising the president, or was there something in between?
Thanks I will give it a try
David - who likes to understand the why and how of things
IFLYJ3 wrote:

Forgive me if this is a repeated post. Didn't see my original show up. I have a stranded brass cable running inside a Nyrod sleeve terminated in a Z-bend at the carb throttle lever. It doesn't seem to be a problem. Also, I tried scraping a screwdriver tip across a file near the receiver antenna with only the receiver powered up. It didn't get even the slightest response from a servo. I am using an old (circa 1990) Airtronics Vanguard radio system.
--
Brian
"Diesels never die, they just smell that way."