OS 46FSR part needed

HI guys, I`m looking for the back plate cover gasket for a OS46FSR. Anyone got one in decent shape or know which newer gasket will fit?

Reply to
SKYLANE42

I didn't know there was a .46 FSR?

Reply to
Mike

Cut one out of a piece of paper or use some Silicon Sealer.

Reply to
Doug Dorton

Hylomar sealant would be best, particularly the spray can variety. Just a thin mist coat would provide sufficient sealing without turning into a rock hard mess should you ever decide to remove the cover again.

Obviously, avoid spraying into the engine (stuff with something to keep the spray out).

Reply to
The Raven

Reply to
Mike Gordon

What is Hylomar sealant and where do you get it?

Reply to
Jon Layton

Hylomar Blue is reputed to be a sealant used by Rolls Royce (not sure on that). It's a blue gel like sealant that never dries out but retains a rubbery (and obviously) sealant consistency.

I'm not sure where you buy it locally, except that I heard about it 10+ years ago and bought a can to use on an engine rebuild (a wankel rotary engine). It worked great.

Perhaps some web searching will turn it up for you. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Reply to
The Raven

This side of the pond, Blue Hylomar is available in most car accessory retail outlets.

HTH

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Fisher

A thin smear of silicon RTV gasket sealant from a car parts shop will last well and be easier to obtain. It even resists the temperatures on small two stoke exhaust manifolds. I use it on my OS 32 heli exhaust.

CW

Reply to
C W

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (SKYLANE42) wrote in message news: