OS .50 SX and breaking in

The manual that came with my 50sx is the same manual shipped with the whole FX/AX line apparently, but since it's ringed I'm hesitant to use the same breakin procedure of proceeding right to a rich 2-stroke after only 1 minute at a rich 4-stroke setting. Am I right? I am thinking of running whole tanks in a 4-stroke setting. Any 50sx owners here?

Reply to
FrankC29

Carrell

I strapped mine on a airplane and flew it. Ran it a bit rich for 3 - 4 tanks, then slowly started leaning it out. Have done the very same thing with my 50SX heli engines also.

Reply to
Tom Minger

Yep, that seems to be the same procedure for the ABN engines. I once had a .160 FX, and that manual prescribed something different that seemed more appropriate for a ringed engine. I think I'll run a couple tanks at a rich

4-stroke and then start over with what the manual says. Can't hurt it, it's ringed after all.
Reply to
Frank

Frank,

I don't think you can hurt a ringed engine by going too rich. If anything, it makes 'em stronger.

Reply to
mkirsch1

Reply to
Mark Dunn