Premature gelling of 30-minute epoxy?

BSI eliminated over 90% of its complaints by dropping the 2 Hour epoxy.

Modelers were not keeping it in a 70 degree+ environment for a full 2 hours so that it cured properly. Most would use it the last thing a night and let it sit overnight in their garage. Not many garages ar over 70 degrees during nighttime. Temperature is very critical fo most epoxies. If the epoxy is cold when it is inserted into a slot fo a wing spar, chances are better than even that it won't cure correctly. If I pick up a bottle of epoxy and it feels cold, I won't use it unti I've warmed it about 10 seconds in a microwave.

Epoxies that are premixed and frozen by the aerospace industry ar usually heated to over 200 degrees to achieve a proper cure, so tha issue is not really relevant for everyday modeling.

Charle

-- Charle

this thread:

Charlee

Always good to get first hand info. Thanks for posting. I admit I was scratching my head with the mention of 2 hr epoxy. Don't see it in my LHS. mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers