Radio...

I need a radio (for about 220$) for an airplane which would be also sufficient to handle a helicopter some day. It'd be nice if it could be used to operate computer simulators. Any advice?

Reply to
Pytacz

Sounds like the Futaba 7C might be a good fit for you. It's available with a full flight pack for $239 from Tower and it offers a full feature set for planes, helicopters, and gliders.

Reply to
Ed Paasch

Best value, IMHO, is the Hitec Optic 6 which offers more than other RC system including the 7CAP as shown on the published comparison chart at =

email me for an expanded chart including a comparison with even a 9CAP.

Eclipse vs Optic6 vs FF6 vs 9CAP vs RD600 vs JR652 vs JR3810 (8103)

Hitec also market a very good USB simulator interface cable at about US$39

can be used with all brands of TX, with appropriate extra adaptors where necessary. FWIW I currently have a number of helicopters including Hirobo, Dragonfly, TRex models and over 300 aircraft models downloaded, which thanks to the work of many others is freeware.

Reply to
A.T.

Another fine choice for a quality Aircraft/Heli radio system, Alan. The Hitec Optic 6 is very popular with flyers here in the U.S.

I am curious though, since I haven't yet dabbled in helicopter flight, how big of a difference would the 7C's 5 different CCPM setting be versus the Optic 6's single setting of 120? Would having a variety of different collective pitch settings be advantageous?

Reply to
Ed Paasch

9CAP.
Reply to