Radio...

I need a radio (for about 220$) for an airplane which would be also
sufficient to handle a helicopter some day. It'd be nice if it could be
used to operate computer simulators. Any advice?
Reply to
Pytacz
Sounds like the Futaba 7C might be a good fit for you. It's available with a full flight pack for $239 from Tower and it offers a full feature set for planes, helicopters, and gliders.
Reply to
Ed Paasch
Best value, IMHO, is the Hitec Optic 6 which offers more than other RC system including the 7CAP as shown on the published comparison chart at =
email me for an expanded chart including a comparison with even a 9CAP.
Eclipse vs Optic6 vs FF6 vs 9CAP vs RD600 vs JR652 vs JR3810 (8103)
Hitec also market a very good USB simulator interface cable at about US$39
can be used with all brands of TX, with appropriate extra adaptors where necessary. FWIW I currently have a number of helicopters including Hirobo, Dragonfly, TRex models and over 300 aircraft models downloaded, which thanks to the work of many others is freeware.
Refer to "Manuals - download .pdf files etc." to download manuals for all RC systems to make own comparison. regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

A.T.
Another fine choice for a quality Aircraft/Heli radio system, Alan. The Hitec Optic 6 is very popular with flyers here in the U.S.
I am curious though, since I haven't yet dabbled in helicopter flight, how big of a difference would the 7C's 5 different CCPM setting be versus the Optic 6's single setting of 120? Would having a variety of different collective pitch settings be advantageous?
Reply to
Ed Paasch
If you have 120 CCPM why would you ant anything less? e.g. refer to
(FWIW I am old fashioned, learnt the hard way on old Graupner Bell 47G without gyro and whilst I have now upgraded to use of gyro, until I have to buy another new heli, none of my current heli use CCPM.) regards Alan Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

9CAP.
Reply to
A.T.
Look at the Futaba 6 channel ( 6EXH ), if you can stretch a bit more, there's also a JR 6 channel ( 6102 ).
Pytacz wrote:
Reply to
joel