RC airplane gasoline engine as an electrical generator

Even driving an audio amplifier fed from a sine wave into a transformer it would be fairly hard to get below 60% efficiency with a class B design.

Mosts switching designs are aroud 90-95% efficient.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Actually 5Ah at 300W weighs less than 1 lb. However there are systems that do what you want. See eg or .

Hth,

Reply to
Boo

Hi! New to the group. I just wanted to share my opinion on this.

I think that when you add up the heat from the engine, the increased number of moving parts, and the flamability of glow fuel, you get a combination far more dangerous than a LiPo battery. Not to mention you'll have to have a separate starter for it too, which i suppose could be a little dangerous too if used improperly. I fly electric park flyers all the time, and a friend of mine uses LiPo batteries all the time with no problem. They've come a long way, i think.

Reply to
baddestdudeintown