RC Electric Helicopter Question

I have a Wasp V3 and had a minor crash. There are two connecting rods that connect the main rotor blades to SOMETHING. I can't figure out what. I have called the distributor and they are Chinese and can hardly speak english so they are no help. The manual shows an exploded view but no connection data. I went to RC Universe but can't figure out how to post a question there. I know I sound dumb as a rock and probably am when it comes to helis so can can anyone offer any advice on where to go to get data on this bird?

Ted

Reply to
Ted

On Sat, 3 May 2008 15:40:36 -0700 (PDT), Ted wrote in :

  1. Get a gmail account.

  1. Get a Picasa account.

  2. Take close-up digital images of the mystery parts (use the macro function on the camera).

  1. Upload the photos to Picasa.

Post the link here.

If that's too difficult, you could e-mail me the photosa and I'll put them in a Picasa album for you.

snipped-for-privacy@canisius.edu

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

On Sat, 03 May 2008 21:31:40 -0400, Martin X. Moleski, SJ shouted out with glee:

He could also just upload the photo's into alt.binaries.radio-control and tell us they are posted in the binaries group.

Reply to
Vance Howard

Ted, really study it with the radio on and moving the controls to figure out how it works. I know that the hummingbird I have has one side connected to a servo but the ball on the other side is not. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

On Sun, 04 May 2008 02:01:26 GMT, Vance Howard wrote in :

True.

All of my subscriptions are text only.

The few times that I tried in past years to catch something in a.b.r-c didn't work.

For stable, ready access, a link to one of the many free photo sites seems to me to be the way to go.

YMMV. ;o)

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

-------------

Do you know off hand if a person gives up the copyright to photos posted on the public posting groups/forums? TIA

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

No. The only way you can give up copyright is to explicitly assign it to someone else or to the public domain. Copyright exists from the point in time of the creation of the work and belongs to the creator (or their employer). You cannot lose it by accident but if you don't take precautions to mark works as copyright, and to licence their use, then a court might take the view that you did implicitly licence distribution or use. This might reduce any damages or income available from those works.

Hth,

Reply to
Boo

Sorry, I re-read this and I guess you are asking whether the forums require you to assign them copyright when you put up a picture ? I think this would depend on the forums, but I doubt any of them do that.

Hth,

Reply to
Boo

On Sun, 4 May 2008 13:24:48 -0400, "Ed Cregger" wrote in :

I think it depends on the terms of service agreements that I sign routinely without reading them.

With Picasa, I have the impression that I've signed away some significant rights in order to get the gigabyte of free space that they provide me.

I don't know whether that is true with other free photo albums. I think their hook is the hope that folks will buy photos from their printing service.

Google is into data mining. Everything that goes into one of their intake systems becomes grist for the mill, I think.

(Yes, I see I have mixed metaphors. Well, I have mixed feelings, too!)

The general rule in copyright law is that the author/creator of a work enjoys copyright protection by default, whether or not they explicitly assert it or register that assertion. In the case of the Picasa agreement, I think I have given Google permission to use my photos but I don't think I have lost all of my rights--I can publish the photos elsewhere as I see fit. In other words, I don't think I've assigned Google exclusive rights to the work.

A friend has entered a couple of my snapshots in photography contests. I think I did have to agree that the work would become the exclusive property of the contest agency if I won an award.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Thanks, Boo. I haven't studied this sort of thing since the seventies, so between memory fade and the inevitable changes that occur over time...

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Thanks, Marty. Much appreciated.