Re: BMFA Heavy Lift suggestions

Hey, take care there because practical has no place or meaning in some minds. lol

The Natural Philosopher wrote > > Wow. How does it know which way the wind is blowing? I think you must > > patent that immediately. No other aircaft knows which way the wind is > > blwoing apart from looking at the ground... > > > > what if the wind is going crosswise over the runway? > > > > > > Then it will have to and like evrey other plane in a crosswind. Using > > some rudder. > > I think Mr. Gennaro was referring to the ground handling > of a rudderless powered parachute. Anyway, your response was unjust. > The weathervaning tendency -yaw stability- is the reaction > of the longitudinal axis in the yaw direction to the relative wind. > Everything you do in an aircraft is in relationship to the ground. > And the wind. I suggest that the aircraft always knows from which > way the wind blows. Please don't introduce that "moving body, > free from earth, in a moving volume of air" argument. > It's not practical. > Podo
Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

I think they BMFA can supply pilots. Certainly non of us would stand a chance.

Reply to
Richard Bowden