Re: Introducing 10 yr old to RC

I started teaching my son last year when he was nine. We were using a PT 40 trainer. At that age he was hot and cold, but he always enjoyed going out to see his old man fly. For Christmas last year I bought him a 4*40 kit which we built together. When the summer started and he was ten, we both got serious about him learning to fly. Within a six weeks, practicing once or twice a week with his trainer, he had soloed. By August he was ready to jump to the 4*40. He flew for the later part of the summer, but we both felt too nervous about him soloing on it. Early next summer, after he gets a hopped up engine for it for Christmas, he wants to start soloing on it. He is even talking about wanting floats for it so he can join me during float flies. I hope he continues in the sport as he gets older. It would be nice, twenty years from now, to flying with him.

Reply to
Twinster2

Our kids will learn *anything* faster than us! And it seems, to me at least, that it gets even faster with each generation. :-) If it keeps up at this rate, one day our kids will be born with all the knowledge of their predecessors. THEN we'll have hell to pay! >;-)

Kev

Reply to
Kevin M