Re: Deflection meter question

Will this fall in the realm of another toy? For regular sport flying it is a lot of overkill. I think too many people over-engineer their modeling.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Anthony R

I like the Great Planes one, it just clips on and is easy to read.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

That's interesting, but how do you measure deflection in inches? Most of the kits I build all show the control throws in inches not degrees.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Lay a steel rule on the horizontal stab, and position another vertically at the trailing edge of the elevator, intersecting the horizontal rule; the horizontal rule serves as a "zero pointer". Read inches directly on the vertical rule. Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

How do you handle an airfoiled stab.... ;-)

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH