Re: Filling Wings?

Most of the gaps are due to enequality (sp?)of the parts and they are

> less than 1/8" in most spots. I just now got finished joining the wing > halves and overall I'm extremely pleased. :) > > Peter >

Paul has the rights of it. In my case (lazy builder) if thick CA won't join, I wedge scrap balsa in the cracks and wick thin CA in araound it all and sand or file to perfection once its dry (about 5 seconds!!)

Then lightweight filler takes care of all the non-structural blemishes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Filler is not structural. It'll look good, but it won't be much, if any, stronger than if you left it alone.

Reply to
Mathew Kirsch

Reply to
<mrobertson21

My preference is for balsa dust, which I usually have an adequate supply of after sanding a leading edge to shape.

Reply to
Mike Norton