Re: Have You used "Skyloft" covering

Hello Dick, I had used Skyloft several years ago for one or two projects. From what I remember it`s light, fairly strong, but I recall it shrinking a bit more then I had liked. It was hard to control the amount that the fabric would shrink, for, say open frame tail feathers or control surfaces, thus they would warp slightly.. I also remember it not shrinking the same amount across a big surface like a wing. Some area`s seemed tighter then others. Part of the problems I had is in that you have to use water and wet it (the fabric expands wet, then shrinks when it dries). I had and have been using SIGs Koverall and to me Koverall is more user friendly them Skyloft so I stuck with it. It`s possible that Skyloft is a good product, I just did not want to spend the time working all the bugs out of the application process so to speak. rick markel

Hi, > >Have you used Skyloft covering from Dave Brown products and what is your >opinion of the product> > >Thanks, >Dick >
Reply to
Aileron37