Re: How to reverse servo direction

No, neither one is appropriate. The best way is to buy a small reversing module from someone like RAM. The other way is to open the servo and reverse the two wires going to the motor and the two outer wires on the pot.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

First, try moving the mechanical connection to the servo to the opposite arm of the servo. If that can't be done then the servo reverser would be appropriate. Hope this helps---Ray

Reply to
CRAngelo

I reversed the outer wires on the stick control pot. Everything works perfectly without any problem. Thanks all for your inputs.

Reply to
Denis Leveille

Does your trim still work the correct direction?

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I think you will find that the new Hitec Neon transmitter reverses the servos by swapping the stick input to the PCB !!!!!!!!

Straight from the manual..........

Servo Reversing After removing the back of the case you will find four plugs (there are four plugs if you have the optional 4th channel feature). Simply unplug and rotate the connector 180 degrees, plug it back onto the board and the servo throw for that servo, is now reversed.

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

What I do if your radio wont do it. Turn the servo around. Mount it in the opposite direction. Sometimes this puts the arm further from the surface but who care its less than an inch movement away.

Normal ________

O ________

Turned around ________

O ________

Reply to
Jim Mullen

Reply to
Sand57

FLIP THE SERVO OVER NOT AROUND AND IT WILL WORK

Reply to
Gerry E

I used to reverse the old servos by reversing the motor leads and the pot wires. I don't know if this is easily done with the newer servos.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

I did it not too terribly long ago with an HS-55, but I've got a little cobbled-together SMT assembly station in my electronics shop. I doubt that I could do it without a microscope, although someone a decade or two younger than I might.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Reverse the servo's ARM...not the servo itself....

Reply to
rich

Buy a "Servo Reverser". No, this is not a joke. They do sell them - cost is about $15.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Or if you have a modern radio, you can reverse the servo in the programming.

Reply to
Vance Howard

Go to Nightflyyer's ' How to Reverse a Servo' on Youtube-go to the link above. But only if you are good at soldering though.

Swede

Reply to
swede