Re: Large RC airplane, size?

I am wondering what the largest RC airplane an RC Pilot are aloud to fly

> Engine size ? Wingspan.? May try for distance record. > >
Reply to
_

FAI (international) records:

No more than 5 kg (11 lb.) wet.

No more than 10 cc displacement (0.61 ci).

Wingspan: whatever floats your boat.

AMA sport flying:

No more than 55 lbs. dry, without a special dispensation.

I don't know whether the AMA keeps its own records, other than at the Nationals.

Start here to find FAI distance records of various kinds: .

Maynard Hill's records have been ratified: Distance in a straight line : 3030 km Duration : 38h 52 min 19 sec

Let us know how your work turns out!

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ