Re: Prop for U can du and Os 61fx

=========================== If you're willing to pay $8 for experimentation, try the APC 13x4W "3D Fun Fly" series.

I had to order mine from Quantum. My Thunder Tiger 61 Pro loves this prop. One of our club members tried one and his engine hated it. I do not remember if his engine is OS or Super Tiger.

Reply to
Carrell

And the new APC 15x4? "Carrell" escribió en el mensaje news:So7Ma.500$ snipped-for-privacy@rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net...

Reply to
manu

============================================= My TT61Pro will not spin a 15 inch prop. OS may be different, but I doubt it.

Reply to
Carrell

The sweet spot on an FX .61 should be ~13K. Run a 5 pitch prop, because that's the all-around best for that type of model.

Choose a diameter that runs in the 12500-13500 RPM range. That will vary with prop brand and material. APC and Bolly, both glass reinforced plastic, tend to be more efficient.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Well It really depends on the plane! a heavy plane takes a low pitch, that give you pick up like a low gear in a car. a high pitch gives you top end, I ran a 12x 6 that was a great prop. but the best thing is to try different prop and see the one that works best. HAPPY FLYING,, bedbug

PS the apc props are very good the wood props seem to brake if you hit the ground with them.

Reply to
bedbug