Re: Real Flight Simulator, I'm impressed....opinion needed on radio

Ken, It all comes down to preference for the radio you want the interface that comes with Real Flight simulator should also have a cable for the JR and HItec series radios too. So that should not matter which brand to go with. I went with a ARF trainer with engine and radio all included. It was a JR brand radio 5 channel that I have been happy with, but I also bought a buddy box (non-transmitting radio) that would make my learning easier. I would suggest looking at a local hobby shop and see what they have and alot of the them will have a good selection of starting trainers with or without radios. You might look at spending the extra money and get a good 8 channel radio since yes you most likely upgrade to a different radio later but you can also wait since even your second airplane may only need 5 channels which is the least amount of channels that I would go with. As far as changeing crystals when you order a airpack or purchase one local you will order a crystal at that time and yes you can change them out on most radios or recievers. Right now my airplanes are all on the same channel but that will change as my kids start to fly and I will change my 8 channel radio and sport planes to a different frequency than the trainer so that I can fly while they are flying the trainer with an instructer. That is the other thing I would look at would be finding your local flying club and finding out when they offer training sessions. My local group has a tuesday night training at one field and thursday night at another. Find a person you are comfortable with to teach you and enjoy the flying. John

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-2231.public.lawson.webtv.net...

Received it a few days ago and have crashed a couple hundred thousand > dollars in aircraft...will keep working at it. I'm impressed, you can > even change the shade of the shit stains in Sky King's Shorts. > > My questions are... I want to order a completed trainer w/ > radio...Tower??? I'm pretty determined that I'll stick with the hobby > and thinking I should order a 6 channel so I can use it with the > interface, and future planes I plan to build. Should I start with a 4 > channel??? Another question is brand, your opinions needed with > experience. > The interface is build by Futaba and I want the best quality I can > afford. How differcult is it to change crystals when purchasing > additional servos? Thanx for your help, ken >
Reply to
John Graham

You do not need to change crystals when adding servos. You may be confusing control channels with radio channels.

Best is defined by the user, kind of like "What is the best pickup truck" I have used the tower, hitec, futaba, and JR. All perform equally as well. Each has different features that suit a users needs. Starting out, the 6 ch tower radio is a good starting place. Mine is the Great Planes series 3000 that has served me well for a number of years.

Good luck!, and let us know what you finally decided on.

Reply to
Dr. Fred Hambrecht Sr