Radio Question

I have finally been able to save some money up and am looking at buying a Radio and ARF kit. Looking at Radios on

I see that they have FM and PCM radios. I want to get at least a 7 channel radio. What would be the best radio for the price in that area and which would be the best overall radio?

Peter

Reply to
peter walker

Howard

Hi,

"peter walker" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.mhogaming.com...

If you're going to join a club to learn with a buddy, I strongly advice you first to take some advice from the person who is going to teach you. He will tell you what brand of transmitter to buy (in relation to the brand of master-transmitter). If you buy another brand than adviced, big chance that you cannot connect your transmitter as slave to the master transmitter. And then you're alone...

If you are trying to learn on your own, well....good luck. The best would be then to buy a PC-flight simulator (not the most expensive) and to practice a lot. If learning on your own, then of course the brand of transmitter is not of any importance. Every brand has good transmitters. Just be sure to take at least a programmable basic transmitter. With a non-programmable transmiter you will very soon be limited and will have to buy a second more evoluated transmitter.

Perhaps buying and reading some RC-magazines would help too.

good luck AND a lot of patience. Happy landings, Olivier

Reply to
Olivier tx2tx

Peter --

There is no such thing as "the best". Assuming you are just starting out, look around your field and see what the regular flyers use the most and what's used by the club instructors. Ask questions. Ask not only what they recommend, but what they DON'T -- and why.

While asking, also inquire as to what frequencies are the least common at your field and order your new radio on one of those channels.

My personal thoughts would be to stick to a known big brand (JR, Futaba) I have used Futaba FM & PCM for many years -- no problems whatsoever.

Reply to
Lyman Slack