Re: Starting inverted four stroke.

it runs fine but is difficult to

>start.

Make a cradle to allow you to invert the plane for starting. Then turn it upright to make the final adjustments.

Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Got a SC120 four stroke inverted in a P51 and it's no problem to start. Never had to put it the right way up!

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

Same with my OS and YS .91s. Spin them with no glow until a little vapor comes out hte exhaust, thel light the glow and they fire instantly.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I don't usually need to prime my inverted 4stroke engines. I close the needle valve when fueling, then open it up to start, but somewhat lean. As soon as it fires I richen up the needle to fly.

opinions will vary, jk

Reply to
John N. Kessler

I don't bother with the needles, just heat and swing the prop.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

I close the needle valves because I just use a third line into the tank to fill and then plug it off at the cowl with a fuel dot. I don't use any kind of fueling valve.

If I don't close off the needle valve fuel will run into the engine and flood it.

opinions will vary, jk

Reply to
John N. Kessler

Yeah, that could be a problem