Landing a Giles 202 !

Hi

I've just built a Giles 202 quarter scale (Great Planes) and find it's the most difficult 'plane to land I ever had. It either stalls or bounces up and then stalls in!

Any suggestions?

Best wishes

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Messiter

I agree with Fred. Increase your speed on final and make a "mains only" landing. Don't try to "3-point" it. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Reduce your elevator throw when landing and or move your CG a bit. Tail heavy planes tend to fall out of the sky when trying to 3 point them unless you are extremely careful and do a lot of high altitude slow flight work. Then it just becomes an issue of luck.

YMMV

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Sounds like you are using to much elevator in your flair. You can't get the nose too high on landing. If you do add a couple of clicks of throttle and let is settle in. When done right it will stop the wing from snapping over.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Reply to