Re: tuned pipe question

Reply to
GaijinGig

I've been asking every woman I meet, but haven't found yours yet!

Seems crazy to have a blanket ban on tuned pipes, surely the sensible way is it have a noise limit. Many pipes are quieter than the manufacturer's standard muffler. And you're right, no problems here, my cub has a remote field and no is bothered by anything! My current build is a pattern model for an ST 90 with a pump & a pipe; I expect it to be very quiet.

Reply to
David Smith

I know what you mean. It's hard to get a plane much quieter than a YS 61 long stroke with a Macs muffled tuned pipe. 11X10 APC at around 11K and it really hauls!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Reply to
GaijinGig

Gig, I'll keep on looking! But back to pipes, some years ago I used to fly at a noise-sensitive site near London and used a pipe on an OS 50 in an Acrowot and people who heard it often thought it was ELECTRIC (ugh, imagine me flying an electric! Never!...) it really was that quiet. No shortage of power, though, just an unusual sound as it was mostly prop noise.

Reply to
David Smith

A real easy way to shut them up is, next time they make a comment, tell them to get out the sound meter or shut up about it. Then, make them measure every plane that flys there.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Reply to
GaijinGig