Repairing film on ARFs

Hi,

I've got a world models worldstar 40 trainer and there's little chips and scratches on the wings and fuselage from bouncy landings and other similar shinanagans. I think it's covered with some cheap film, not the iron-on stuff you would normally use for built-up kits.

I don't want to patch it up because they're rather small and probably make it look worse. I do have concerns however for further peeling/ripping of the covering or fuel getting into the exposed balsa/plywood.

What's the best technique for "sealing" those little chips? I thought using something like a dab of CA to ensure the ripped edges of the covering are secured to the frame and the wood's not exposed.

Thanks in advance.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Wong

Well, Eric, first thing is... it is a 'trainer'...... and trainers do get banged up... i have a few patches on mine, i used monokote and heated the surface up with either an iron or a heat gun, but i must say it is a hobbico

Reply to
Arne Reil

That's the (s)ticket! Joe L.

Reply to