Re: Warped Wings !

One thing you can try is wetting them, perhaps spraying them with a water/detergent solution, a.k.a. window cleaner, wetting them, putting them on a flat surface or suitable jig if they're not flat bottomed, put some weight on top and let them dry.

-- Morris Lee snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Help > > I made several model planes many moons ago, got side tracked by girls.... > you can guess the story. I never really used them and they were banished to > the loft. > Yesterday I took a look at them and to my horror some of them have warped - > mainly the ones NOT covered in film. They are built up balsa frame/ribs > etc.. > > The question being - How can I get these bends/twists out of the wings. I > can remember using steam to bend sheets of balsa, is there anyway of > `wetting` them and fixing them in a position to dry straight. > > Your help much appreciated ! :O) > >
Reply to
Morris Lee

Arne Reil

How many girls have you got in your loft and are they all lightly used???

Reply to
Sailor

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one that was thinking that.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Lets, get this straight. You have a loft full of girls?????

All girls become warped with time. You meet a perfectly normal human being (female), marry them - and in a few years their minds are competely warped.

Regards 8^) KGB

Reply to
KGB

Reply to
Arne Reil

You`ve met my last girl friend then...!!!

..thanks for the advise guys :O)

Reply to
Nigel

Are you sure about that time frame??

I thought the transformation was pretty much instantaneous and was triggered by something in the wedding cake.

Maybe they use a different cake recipe where you live ;-)

bob

Reply to
Bob Cowell

A solution that has worked for me is to spray them with ammonia, then put them on a flat surface (for flat bottom wings) or a jig (for symmetrical, semi-symmetrical, etc) and then put lots of weight on them. Not enough to crush the wing, but enough to hold it. When it dries, it should be fairly straight.

Reply to
WMHJ

For a second there, I thought you were talking about the girls like everyone else was... WHEW!

Reply to
Mathew Kirsch

That works on wings, but just makes the girls mad.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Hi

Isn't that called a "Golden Shower" or something??

Regards KGB

Reply to
KGB